Volunteers welcome! We would welcome any volunteers who would like to help us with promoting this effort, and collecting and organizing the gifts.
(310) 566-1531 | Email
For over 20 years, St. Monica has teamed with the St. Joseph Center in Venice to provide over 300 families with a family household gift, gift certificates for a holiday meal, and presents for the children. This ministry is a very tangible way to share your joy and gratitude during the Christmas season. Our St. Joseph Center families include anywhere from one to ten individuals, all of whom would benefit from your generosity.
Adopt-a-Family starts on Saturday, November 29 immediately after the 5:30 p.m. Mass!
HOW TO ADOPT A FAMILY
You can participate in Adopt-a-Family in the following ways:
1. Donate by credit card, check or cash and we'll use your donation to cover families in need. The requested donation is $50 for each person that you would like to adopt - $25 goes for food, $25 for a gift (e.g. $200 would be used to adopt a family of four).
- Credit card donation: Go to www.stmonica.net/giveonline and select “Adopt A Family” in the designation box.
- Check donation: You can mail your check to St. Monica, 725 California Ave., Santa Monica, CA, 90403, Attn: Adopt a Family.
- Cash donation: Please deliver your donation in person to the St. Monica Parish Office or to the Adopt a Family tables in the Duval Center after Masses beginning November 29.
2. Select a specific family, and either shop for the requested gifts or donate the needed funds and we'll shop for you. Sign up for a family by stopping by the Adopt-a-Family tables after Masses or you may also sign up by coming by the Parish Office during the week. You can either
- Take your family’s profile, shop for the requested items, and return them to St. Monica by Wednesday, 12/10.
- Take your family’s profile, purchase grocery and department store gift cards that they can use, and return them to St. Monica by Wednesday, 12/10.
- Submit a check donation to cover your family’s costs, and our ministry staff will ensure that your family’s requests are met.
- Donate online by credit card to cover your family’s costs, and our ministry staff will ensure that your family’s requests are met. Go to www.stmonica.net/giveonline and select “Adopt A Family” in the designation box.
For more information about the St. Joseph Center, go to www.stjosephctr.org.