Starts Monday, June 4!
6 p.m. to Sundown
Please arrive between 5:45 and 6 p.m. to help reserve courts
Santa Monica Beach
Look for us near Lifeguard Station #25, where Ocean Park Blvd meets the beach.
Gene Galvez, Coordinator | email
Monday Night Volleyball 2012
Adults of all ages and skill levels are invited to join us! Bring the whole family for summer fun!
Your volleyball coordinators this year are Gene Galvez, Eric Bordenkircher, and Tommy Lofarelli. Their job is to welcome you, orient you, set up the courts, and make sure everyone gets to play. Adhere to their instructions please.
- Participants at all skill levels play together between 6 and 7 p.m. At 7 p.m. the courts are assigned to different skill levels. Most of the courts are dedicated to super-beginner, beginner, and intermediate players.
- There is both a short-term and long-term parking lot, but you are free to park on the street. Please note: the lots close at 9 p.m.
- Please bring a beverage to drink. Alcohol is not permitted at the beach.
- There is a $5 fee to cover materials and equipment payable on your first night or you can pay online.
Our potlucks are back too!
They will be held on June 25, July 30 and August 27. If you want to participate, you must bring a dish of food (main dish, side dish, vegetable, salad, rolls/bread, or dessert.) If you don’t bring food, you will need to pay $5. For information, contact Laura at email@example.com. Please note: potlucks are optional.
Rules of Conduct
Read them. Memorize them. Practice them.
- Follow instructions of co-chairs at all times.
- Safety is always a priority.
(Wear appropriate clothing and remember no tennis shoes on the courts during play)
- Hospitable, friendly, and sportsmanlike behaviors is expected at all times.
- This is recreational play…so please just have fun!
- Everyone gets to play!
- If you want to set up your own game…great…but please bring your own balls, lines and nets. Our equipment is for Community Play.
- NO Alcohol at anytime.
- No foul language off or on the courts.
- NO harassment of any kind at anytime will be tolerated. (verbal, physical,etc.
A full list of guidelines for league play, safety and different levels of play and full rules and regulations is available upon request.